MIRA® mid-range water reducers
Superior placeability and finishability for concrete flatwork
Flatwork can be challenging for concrete contractors. For high-end residential and commercial construction, concrete producers need a mix that can be easy to place and finish. For these applications, the use of MIRA® admixtures is the key.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
MIRA® AF6002 is a new superplasticiser based on the latest polycarboxylate-type polymer technology; and with this, the concrete workability and rheology will be significantly enhanced.
- Long slump life
- High slump concrete less susceptible to segregation and bleeding
- Highly efficient in producing high/middle slump concrete
- Ideal for use in any concrete where it is desired to keep the water-cement ratio to a minimum and still achieve the degree of workability necessary to provide easy placement and consolidation
MIRA® 187 is an aqueous solution of chemical dispersants combined with other chemicals which increase its beneficial effects on the quality and plasticity of a concrete mix.
- Exceptional workability and flowability
- Improved slump retention in flowable concrete
- Good placeability into forms and around reinforcing steel
- Provides improved slump retention in flowable concrete.
Mira® 2116 is a high range water reducer, commonly referred to as a superplasticiser. It is an aqueous solution of a modified naphthalene sulfonate.
- The sodium content of Mira 2116 is particularly useful in applications where a limit on the equivalent sodium oxide of the mix design is specified.
- Mira 2116 can produce high slump flowable concrete at no loss in strength.
- Mira 2116 can produce low water-cement ratio concrete and therefore, high strengths.
Mira 2116 produces concrete with extremely workable characteristics referred to as high slump, flowing concrete. Mira 2116 also allows concrete to be produced with very low water-cement ratios at low or normal slumps. Mira 2116 is ideal for use in prestress, precast, bridge deck or any concrete where it is desired to keep the water-cement ratio to a minimum and still achieve the degree of workability necessary to provide easy placement and consolidation. Mira 2116 will also fluidise concrete making it ideal for tremie concreting or other applications where high slumps are desired.
MIRA® Q83 is a mid-range water reducer specifically formulated to produce concrete with enhanced finishing characteristics and controlled set time.
- Improved workability, finishability and pumpability
- Superior strength performance
Introducing the MIRA® Product Family
High-end residential and commercial buildings require high quality flatwork concrete to go along with them. Builders want to make sure that this concrete will be suitable for fast construction methods, so they turn to MIRA® products. The MIRA® family of mid-range water reducers bridge the performance between normal and high-range water reduction. It offers excellent linear dosage water reduction capability, near neutral set times over a wide range of dosages and excellent placement and finishing properties.
MIRA® for superior dispersion
Some MIRA® products are formulated to provide excellent water reduction, compressive strength and set time when used in mix designs containing high pozzolan contents. These performance improvements are due to a superior dispersion and strength enhancing capability, plus superior quality control that ensures consistent performance.
Ready mix, paving plants and precast applications
Other MIRA® products are formulated to provide excellent overall performance as low-range to mid-range linear-dose water reducers. These can be used in a variety of applications, including ready mix, paving mixes and precast products. They produce higher early and ultimate compressive strengths, with neutral set times, allowing higher levels of water reduction less permeable and more durable concrete.