GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® roofing underlayment
Premium performance underlay, protecting roofs since 1978
For architects and roofing contractors, roofs are a source of everlasting concern. Seventy percent of all construction litigation is related to leaks, and every leak is a lost opportunity, representing a cost to repair and a corresponding loss of customer trust. Severe weather seems to be the new normal, and the risk of damage from ice dams and wind-driven rain are higher than ever. Underlays are the last line of defense in a roofing system, and selection of high quality underlay can be the difference between success and failure.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® membrane is composed of two waterproofing materials - an aggressive rubberised asphalt adhesive backed by a layer of high density, cross-laminated polyethylene.
- Easy to handle and apply
- Foldless release paper
- Seals around nails
- Used on sloped roofs, under mechanically attached roof coverings such as asphalt shingles, slate, tile, cedar, and standing seam metal in many climate and assembly conditions
Aggressive protection since 1978
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® has protected the roofs of over 2 million homes, and been installed on marquee projects in 25 countries, since its introduction in 1978. This high performance solution provides superior performance at an excellent value. GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® outperforms the competition, letting contractors shine and keeping families safe and dry.
ROOF IT RIGHT™
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® doesn’t just perform well in severe weather, it makes life easier for contractors.
Better for homeowners
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® protects a homeowner's roof from the damaging effects of water intrusion due to wind-driven rain and ice dams because it:
- Fully adhered roofing underlay sticks aggressively to deck surface
- Forms a watertight seal around fasteners used to install shingles and other roof coverings
- Forms watertight seal at overlaps
- Protects all standard sloped roofs--slate, tile, wooden shingles or metal, as well as ordinary asphalt shingles
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® is designed to perform for the life of the roof covering.
Better for contractors
The material is also designed to make jobs faster, easier and safer for roofing contractors.
- Superior waterproofing protection
- Embossed surface prevents slips and falls
- Convenient centre-lines, lap-lines and measurement markings
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® lets contractors save time on jobs without compromising on quality or safety.
From residential homes to international monuments
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® isn’t just trusted in single-family homes—it’s been used in marquee projects around the world. Examples include the Pentagon, Spain’s Guggenheim Museum and the Emirates Towers in the UAE. Don’t wait for the next storm.
Contact GCP today to learn how you can use GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® on your next roofing project.