ELIMINATOR® bridge deck waterproofing membrane
Extending the life of road and railway bridges
Superior protection for bridge decks
Steel and concrete bridges are vulnerable to attack by water, chloride and frost, leading to deterioration and even structural failures. Installing a high-performance waterproofing membrane is therefore an essential part of any bridge construction or refurbishment program. The ELIMINATOR® bridge deck waterproofing membrane is a cold, spray-applied solution that can outlast the life of the structure — reducing maintenance costs and traffic disruptions.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
ELIMINATOR Waterproofing Membrane is a GCP Applied Technologies (“GCP”) high performance system for the protection of concrete and steel decks. ELIMINATOR Membrane is based on GCP’s (formerly Stirling Lloyd’s), unique ESSELAC advanced resin technology and extensive experience in the development of coatings for specialist waterproofing. ELIMINATOR Membrane cures rapidly to provide a tough, flexible seamless coating and has an unparalleled track record with thousands of structures waterproofed successfully throughout the world.
- Single source system. High performance GCP (formerly Stirling Lloyd) proprietary primers and tack coats promote secure adhesion between substrate and surfacings on highway bridges, piers and other critical highway components
- ELIMINATOR Membrane can be applied at temperatures between -10ºC and + 50ºC without any loss in performance.
- Unparalleled track record of success
- Concrete Bridge Decks
- Steel Bridge Decks
- Bridge Piers
Achieve long-term performance
The ELIMINATOR® bridge deck waterproofing membrane has an unparalleled track record protecting thousands of concrete and steel bridges throughout the world. Based on unique ESSELAC® advanced resin technology, the system creates composite action between the deck, waterproof membrane, substrate and asphalt, ensuring that the membrane is fully bonded both downwards to the deck and upwards to the surfacing. The extremely high bond enables the membrane to stand up to punishing climate conditions and heavy traffic loads.
Accelerating waterproofing application
The ELIMINATOR® bridge waterproof membrane offers fast, simple and effective application. Unlike alternative solutions that are sensitive to moisture, the ELIMINATOR® membrane can be applied virtually year round, in any climate, preventing costly weather delays. It cures in just an hour, even in high humidity or low temperatures. In addition, the system features on-the-spot QA capabilities, such as the two-colour application system, that make it easy to quickly verify that the membrane is applied properly.
- Long lasting, highly durable membrane drives down future maintenance costs
- Fast application (in excess of 2,000m2 per day) with industry-standard equipment
- No need for hot trades
- Approved Contractor Program and onsite quality control measures ensure the integrity of the membrane prior to surfacing
- Elimination of critical overcoating time allows phasing of work for greater scheduling flexibility
- Unaffected by application of surfacing up to 250°C