High Performance, Spray Applied Waterproofing for Underground Soil-Retaining Walls
AQUELLATM 100 is a sprayable membrane for the waterproofing and protective coating for underground soil-retaining walls such as diaphragm walls, contiguous bore pile walls with tightly-spaced rebar protruding out of the walls. It is spray-applied in a sandwich system between two cast concrete structures.
- Penetrative - penetrate within concrete structure
- Cracks Healing - Blocking fine cracks and micro-fissures in the concrete
- Good sealability around penetrations on the wall
- Withstands negative or positive hydrostatic pressure
- Suitable for applications below and above ground water table.
- Protects concrete against seawater and chemicals.
- Fast and flexible application, brush on or spray equipment.
- Apply to dampened substrates or substrates with standing water.
- Standard equipment and maintenance
|Items||Typical Properties||Test Method|
|Hydrostatic Pressure Resistance||>7 bar||ASTM D5385|
|Crack Bridging Capability up to 3.2 mm||Pass||ASTM C1305|
|Adhesion to concrete substrate||> 2.5 MPa||ASTM D4541|
|Tensile Strength Elongation||Tensile Strength > 1.5 MPa
Elongation > 200%
|Tensile Strength and Elongation after Heat Aging||<+/- 10%||DIN 16726|
|Resistance to Chemicals||Pass||DIN 16726, Modified|
- Concrete should be structurally sound, cured 28 days and render 7 days.
- Surfaces should be smooth and free from dust, laitance, loose matter, oil or other contaminants.
- Surfaces should be jet-washed with clean water.
- Pre-dampen the application surface with clean water before application.
- Substrate must be dried temporarily before the application and curing of AQUELLATM 100 in order for the system to be effective, either by PU grouting or by use of water plug.
- Moisture content of the substrate at any range is acceptable, as long as there is no continuous ingression of water out from the wall.
- Fill large defects, voids, honeycombing, gaps, large pinholes and other coarse surface faults with a high-strength-non-shrink cementitious repair mortar. Allow repairs to cure and dry fully.
- Cracks in walls shall be repaired before the installation of waterproofing commences.
- Dry cracks wider than 0.2mm in the structural concrete shall be repaired. Where it is considered impractical to repair major cracking in this manner, the concrete shall be partially or completely broken out and recast.
- Repair concrete surface with AQUATEKTM Plug XF or appropriate repair grout to stop the water leakage before application
- Part A: Mix 20 kg powder of with 7-8 litres of water, using an electrical mixer (400-600 rpm) to mix for 2-3 minutes. The material should be mixed to a thick, creamy, lump-free consistency. Do not over mix. After mixing, the product will experience false set. Remix every 5 minutes to extend the pot life. DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Part B & C: Shake the liquid well and pour around 75% into a clean mixing container. Slowly add the powder while mixing. Mix until a homogenous slurry, free from all lumps, if formed. Scrape any unmixed material from the side of container with a trowel and mix in. Finally, add the appropriate amount of the remaining liquid to achieve the required consistency for application. DO NOT USE PART MIXES. DO NOT ADD WATER, CEMENT, SAND OR OTHER MATERIALS. It is recommended that mechanical mixing (400-500 rpm) should be used for 2-3 mins to ensure proper dispersion of the components.
- Part A: For vertical applications in the presence of positive or negative water pressure, apply Part A in 2 coats of 0.6 - 0.75 kg/m2 mixture with a brush or spray gun.
- Part B & C: Apply in 2 coats of 1.0 – 1.25 kg/m2 mixture with a brush or spray gun. Apply the first coat when Part A is tack free. Before applying the second coat in alternate direction, leave the first coat to cure until tack free condition for approximately 0.5 to 2 hours depending on thickness and environmental conditions.
- If overcoating is done more than 24 hours after applying the previous coat, or the previous coat has already dried out, the surface must be pre-wetted again.
Coat Thickness & Consumption
|Part A||Part B & C|
|Thickness per coat
(min. 2 coats)
|0.4 – 0.5 mm||0.8 – 1.0 mm|
(min. 2 coats)
|0.6 – 0.75 kg/m2||1.0 – 1.25 kg/m2|
Do not store product exposed to weather. 12 months of shelf-life under dry storage conditions free from moisture.
Health & Safety
Read and understand the product label and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for each system component. All users should acquaint themselves with this information prior to working with the products and follow the precautionary statements. SDSs can be obtained by contacting your local GCP representative.
gcpat.my | For technical information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Australia 1800 855 525 New Zealand 0800 552 235 China Mainland +86 21 3158 2888 Hong Kong +852 2675 7898 India +91 124 488 5900 Indonesia +62 21 893 4260 Japan +81 3 5226 0231 Korea +82 32 820 0800 Malaysia +60 3 9074 6133 Philippines +63 49 549 7373 Singapore +65 6265 3033 Thailand +66 2 709 4470 Vietnam +84 8 3710 6168
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
AQUELLA AND AQUATEK are trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Malaysia. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.my. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2021-02-05