ADVA® Cast 209N
Polymer-based superplasticiser for high early strength in precast concrete
ADVA® Cast 209N is a polymer-based, high range water-reducing admixture that is specially designed for producing superior high early strength concrete in precast applications.
ADVA Cast 209N is a superior dispersing admixture, having a marked capacity to disperse cement agglomerates normally found in a cement-water suspension. The capability of ADVA Cast 209N exceeds that of normal water-reducing admixtures (Type WR) and high range water reducers (Type HWR), resulting in lower dosages and better early strength and slump retention.
- Superior Early Strength Enhancement — ADVA Cast 209N accelerates cement hydration at a very early stage. Together with the very efficient dispersion effect, ADVA Cast 209N achieves very high early strength for the production of precast structural elements.
- High Workability and Good Slump Retention — ADVA Cast 209N is ideal for precast applications, where high early strength is desired, and where high workability will aid faster placement with reasonable slump retention and improved mix consolidation.
- Superior Surface Finish — ADVA Cast 209N produces concrete with superior surface finish, without stickiness, tearing or spotty set characteristics.
- Superior Water Reduction — With up to 40% water reduction possible, ADVA Cast 209N is highly effective in low water-cement concrete, producing high strength and high early strength precast concrete.
- Optimise Precast Concrete Production — The very neutral set times of ADVA Cast 209N may reduce or eliminate the need for heat curing to achieve high early strength concrete. The earlier removal of forms leads to reduced cycle times, faster mould turnaround, reduced total costs and increased productivity.
ADVA Cast 209N is compatible with most water-reducing admixtures as well as specialty admixtures like accelerators, DCI® Corrosion Inhibitor, ECLIPSE® Shrinkage-Reducing Admixture and V-MAR® Rheology-Modifying Admixture. All admixtures should be separately added to the concrete. Pre-testing of the concrete should be performed to optimise dosages and addition sequence of these admixtures. ADVA Cast 209N should not be used with naphthalene-based products.
Please contact your local GCP representative for further information regarding the dispensing equipment for this product
ADVA Cast 209N produces concrete with high early strength for precast concrete elements, while at the same time achieving high workability for easy and fast placement of concrete. It also allows concrete to be produced with very low water-cement ratios in low to high slump ranges.
Addition rates of ADVA Cast 209N can vary with type of applications, but will normally range from 250 to 1,200mL / 100kg of cementitious material. In most instances, the addition of 300 to 700mL / 100kg of cementitious material will be sufficient. Should conditions require using more than recommended addition rates, please consult your local GCP representative.
ADVA Cast 209N is available in 205L pails and in bulk. ADVA Cast 209N contains no flammable ingredients.
Health and Safety
Please refer to ADVA Cast 209N Material Safety Data Sheet or consult GCP Applied Technologies.
gcpat.my | For technical information: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
ADVA, DCI, Eclipse, V-MAR, Darex and Daracem are trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2017 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
GCP Applied Technologies (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd, 7 Lorong CJ 1/1A, Off Jalan Balakong, 43200 Cheras Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Malaysia. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.my. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-11-24